Athletic Department Contact Information
- WINTER ATHLETIC BREAKFAST
The Winter Athletic Breakfast will be held on Wednesday, March 1st at 7:30 am in the cafeteria. All Winter Athletes are invited to attend. You can be fitted for a letterman jacket at this time. The cost is $110.00 cash or a check made payable to the Neff Company. Hope to see you there.
- Spring Sports Official Start Dates/Try-Outs:
Varsity/JV and Jr. High/High School Sports Monday, March 6:Baseball and Jr. High Baseball (Grades 9 and 8 only) (Boys)Lacrosse (Club) Boys and GirlsSoftball (Girls)Tennis (Boys)Track (Boys and Girls)Volleyball (Boys)Middle School Sports Monday, March 207/8 Softball (Girls)7/8 Track (Boys and Girls)There are 3 days and/or sessions minimum required for try-outs.All students must have a current physical and baseline test and ALL required paperwork in order to try-out.
- High School Students may inquire/sign-up for Spring Sports in the Athletic Office, or email the Head Varsity Coach.
Baseball/Jr. High Baseball: Dan Miller - firstname.lastname@example.org
Softball: Denny Little - email@example.com
Boys Tennis: Jane Debone - firstname.lastname@example.org
Track: Karen Skandera - email@example.com
Boys Volleyball: Jim Schall - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign-Ups for Middle School Track, Middle School Softball , and Jr. High Baseball (8th grade only) will be Tuesday, Feb. 21 thru Thursday Feb. 23. There will be sign-ups sheets at both Middle Schools. Please remember that you must have a current PIAA physical dated after June 1, and a baseline concussion test (done at the HS). If you need further assistance contact Athletic Director, Mr. Kerry Hetrick at email@example.com or 724-744-7252.
- Tune into Westmoreland Sport Network to watch or listen to past broadcasts, please click on "Broadcast" at the top of the homepage, and from the drop-down menu choose "Penn-Trafford".
PTHS STADIUM , GYMNASIUM AND ATHLETIC EVENT SECURITY
This is a reminder that no outside food or drink is permitted in the stadium or any other athletic venue. Penn-Trafford reserves the right to search any bags that come into the stadium or other athletic event. These measures are in place for the safety of all of our participants and spectators. Thank you for your cooperation.
CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS SWIMMING - UNDEFEATED SECTION CHAMPS
NATIONAL LETTER OF INTENT DAY
Back Row - Coaches - James Brymn, Bryan Hyland, John Giannikas, David Moio
Front Row - Coach Jackie Bartko, Ryley Watt, Soccer - University of Akron,
Will Schumacher, Football - West Point, Athena Biondi, Soccer - Michigan State
ICE HOCKEY SENIORS
Westmoreland Sports Network
Athletic Physical Process
PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Exam
All student athletes are required to submit the 2016-17 CIPPE Form.pdf in order to participate in athletics. Forms must be submitted no less than 2 weeks before the start of the season, so the school nurse can review in order to provide final clearance.
CIPPE Re-Certification Process
If an athlete wishes to participate in a subsequent sports season they must submit Section 7: Re-Certification by Parent/Guardian no more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the next season.
- Fall athlete → Winter or Spring Season
- Winter athlete → Spring Season
Once Section 7 has been submitted and reviewed by the Athletic Trainers, if an athlete sustained an injury and/or illness (check "Yes" in any of the questions in Section 7) then the athlete must have Section 8: Re-Certification by Licensed Physician of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine completed by an MD or DO before they will be allowed to participate in the subsequent sports season.
- If injuries and/or illnesses are reported when they occur, the Athletic Trainers can help manage the necessary paperwork to minimize physician visits and out of pocket expenses for subsequent sports season participation.
- All athletes (MS & HS) in all sports (Varsity & Club) must follow the PIAA athletic physical process
Please refer to the ANNOUNCEMENTS page for Re-Certification dates offered at Penn-Trafford High School
Student Parking Information
Student Parking Applications were accepted for Seniors on Monday, August 8th and Juniors submitted theirs on Wednesday, August 10th. Applications will only be accepted if they are fully completed and include a copy of the student's driver's license. Applications must also include the full parking fee of $75.00 cash, credit card or a check made payable to the Penn-Trafford Athletic Department. Students that are on the restricted list are not permitted to purchase a parking permit until their obligations are fulfilled.